I have been speaking lately to another blogger called Pomai who has a blog hosted in Hawaii! Now coconuts and exotic ingredients are widely found there so I wanted to create a different spin on a traditional English chicken dish.
So to experiment with a few different flavours and upon reading my trusty food magazine BBC good food magazine I found this recipe for coconut chicken! I was very intrigued and love coconut so it seemed like a fantastic recipe!
Out of most meats chicken is really healthy as it is white meat and has less fat content.
So here’s how to make it yourself!
RECIPE: Coconut Crusted Mustard Chicken served with egg noodles and an assortment of fresh vegetables
You will need (for 4 people)
4 chicken breasts washed
1 bag of desiccated coconut
Dijon and Wholegrain mustard
1 egg white
1 pack of green beans
1 pack of mixed vegetables
3 servings of medium egg noodles
1. Wash and prep the chicken pre-heating the oven to 180 degrees and layout some coconut on a plate
2. Beat an egg white in a bowl
3. Dip the chicken breast into the mixture
4. Cover the breast with a mixture of wholegrain and Dijon mustard
5. Coat the piece in coconut until well covered
6. Place n a lined baking tray and cook for approximately 35 minutes
6. Meanwhile heat the vegetables, beans and noodles
7. For decoration spread a line of wholegrain mustard on the plate
Add the vegetables, noodles and chicken
I must say please try this its my new favourite recipe and I cant wait to make it again!
The chicken was like breaded chicken, however the coconut gave it a sweet crunchy texture, yet in cased a tender and mustard seasoned chicken breast. It has been suggest by Pomai that Mango would go great with this recipe and I totally agree!
A mango salsa would work brilliantly all you need to do is blend some chopped mangos with lime, garlic, chili and basil.