Thursday, 4 November 2010
The weather is turning cold, autumn is coming so I am getting my 'soup on' in the kitchen!
Recently I have bought what I call as "joosher" known to everyone else as a hand blender, a marvelous invention that makes my soup making very easy.
Actually making soup is very easy it is the preperation that can be the time consuming part.
So here is my Duckey recipe for this dish...
RECIPE: A heart warming spiced Butternut Squash soup with black pepper croutons and crusty bread.
You will need:
1 butternut squash
1 sweet potato
1 garlic clove
Spices - paprika, chili powder, cumin, rosemary, tumeric (a good shake of each)
2 chicken stock cubes with 2 pints of water (hot)
Oliver oil (2tbspns)
1. Cut and prepare your carrot, onion, sweet potato and butternut squash.
2. In a pan fry the garlic and spices in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Saute the vegetables in the spices and oil for about 2 minutes.
4. The add in half of the stock and simmer on a low heat.
5. When the stock has started to reduce add the remaining.
6. Then simmer for about 45 minutes until there is a little water left and the vegetables are soft.
7. Leave to cool and in a measuring jug use the "Joosher" hand blender to blend the soup.
Hey presto that it is - soup - done! I have to say my partner James enjoyed this soup so much it is all I have made for the last few weeks! Lucky its an easy dish hey!
This post was sponsored by Sauce Communications experts in Food Marketing.