Monday 14 April 2008

The best breakfast...


















It is said that the most natural food you can eat for breakfast that is substantial and keeps your energy high for up to 4 hours is porridge. Now I must admit I am a keen porridge fan and have been perfecting my technique now for a few months. Here is how I have mine…



RECIPE:

Scotch porridge oats, heated and cooked with warm skimmed milk, sprinkled with currents topped with thick oats and a drizzling of organic honey.

You will need:

6 dessert spoonfuls of porridge oats
200ml of skimmed milk
2 tsp of currents
½ tsp honey
15g of thick oats



















In a microwavable bowl add 6 spoonfuls of Quaker Scotch Porridge oats and fill just below the top of the oats with skimmed milk.



















Then add 2 tsps of currents and cook in the microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds.



















By this time the consistency should be fluffy yet thick but soft and warmed, the top with some dry thick oats and a squirt of organic honey, you could also add some banana or use raisins instead of currents.



















I usually find after having this for my breakfast I don’t get hungry now until around 1pm which sets me straight up for lunch!

No comments: