Friday, 18 April 2008
Scones are a traditional favourite! So I have adapted a health version of these, often scones are served as an afternoon treat with a pot of tea... something I consider to be truly English!
Deep warm Scones... filled with plump currents, mixed with a hint of cinnamon served with freshly whipped cream and raspberry jam.
You will need:
100g wholemeal flour
50g caster sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. In a bowl mix together the flour and sugar
2. Add the eggs and mix into a thick dough
3. Kneed the dough until you form a soft non sticky texture
4. Add the currents
5. Add a hint of cinnamon
6. Form into reasonably thick balls and lay on a papered tin
7. Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes
8. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream and jam
These are perfect when you have afternoon company!