Wednesday 9 April 2008

Looking for a good hobby... Try Martial Arts!



Martial Arts not only keeps your body in top shape but also trains your mind.

It is a way to turn off and relax, to escape from the chores of day to day life!

Martial Arts works out most parts of your body through fast, slow and moderate exercise.

You start as a white belt, a basic level, to which you work your way up in the ranks, gaining more confidence... fitness... and skills.

Martial Arts teaches you important values such as:

  • Self discipline
  • Concentration
  • Focus
  • Respect
  • Perseverance
I have been training in Martial Arts since I was a baby! My dad my instructor started my training and development at a young age and I cannot stress how far this has got me in life at only 21 years old! I have learnt that I can achieve anything I want to achieve in life by using the power of my mind.

The Martial Art I train in is called Kuk Sool Won it is a traditional Korean Martial Art founded by Grandmaster In Hyuk Suh, also know as Kuk Sa Nim. This great man has been part of my life since I was young and I look up to him as you would to a grandfather, we have stayed with him at his home in Texas on numerous occasions and he has always taken great care of my family.

To me not only does Martial Arts keep your body in great shape, it keeps your mind in shape to. It clears the negative energy and replaces it with something positive! It also to me represents family as my whole family train and are now high ranking black belts and own three Kuk Sool Won schools in the UK.

If you are thinking about getting fit on the outside and the inside then try this Martial Art, especially if you have young children it is a great hobby for all the family.

No comments: