If you are looking for a fat free alternative dessert then here is a simple answer... try having a smoothie, they are quick and easy to make and leave you with a healthy buzz of satisfaction.
A smooth emulsion of ripe strawberries and soft banana, pureed with light Greek yogurt crunched together with cubes of ice, garnished with a refreshing red strawberry.
You will need:
- 8-10 Strawberries (save 2 for the presentation)
- 2 Bananas
- 2/3 tablespoons of fat free Greek yogurt
- 6-8 ice cubes
1. In a blender first add the ice
2. Add the chopped fruit
3. Add 3 dessert spoons of yogurt... if you wanted to add a bit more flavour you could add some desiccated coconut or honey.
4. Once blended into a smooth liquid pour the smoothie into 2 glasses.
You can spice up the presentation by putting a slot down a half of a strawberry and slotting this onto the glass.
You can even go beyond this and place a cocktail stick containing other fruit onto the cocktail stick.
This is the perfect health kick to start your day or finish it... knowing you are gaining nothing but goodness from this concoction! Better still you can drink this anytime of the day!