Sunday, 11 May 2008
Last night I had to eat dinner alone, to be honest I do find it hard to cook for just myself! Perhaps its the show off in me! So as a quick but tasty treat I made a fresh filled sandwich with some vegetable crudets.
RECIPE: Ten seed wholemeal sandwich filled with beef tomato, lettuce leaves, hummus and Dijon spread topped with juicy King Prawns served with vegetable batons.
You will need:
2 slices of ten seed wholemeal bread
Half packet of King Prawns
1/2 beef tomato
1 tsp hummus
1 tsp Dijon mustard
pinch of pepper and chili
1. Layout two pieces of bread and spread one side with hummus and the other with Dijon mustard
2. Cut thin slices of the beef tomato and layer onto the bread
3. Add the salad leaves on top of the tomato
4. Then add frsh king prawns
5. Cut in half and serve with sliced tomato, celery and carrot batons served with a spoonful of hummus sprinkled with chili and rosemary.
Sandwiched always follow the same guide lines but its how you present your ingredients that makes the sandwich, allow yourself to be creative and most of all have fun with it!