This is the perfect summer salad containing pasta, cheese and my favourite sun dried tomatoes! I would suggest this is a great accompaniment to a meal or a light meal in itself! I really enjoy salads but sometimes feel hungry a few hours after eating one, so the pasta in this dish presents the perfect solution.
RECIPE: Simple summer pasta salad layered with fresh sun-dried tomatoes, ripped mozzarella with a light healthy olive dressing.
Servings: Makes 8 servings
You will need:
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 cup drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon drained capers
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pound fusilli pasta
12 ounces tomatoes, coarsely chopped
8 ounces fresh water-packed mozzarella cheese, drained, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 3 ounces)
1/2 cup minced pitted oil-cured black olives
1. Blend first 5 ingredients in processor until tomatoes are coarsely chopped
2. Set dressing aside
3. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally
4. Drain. Transfer to large bowl. Add dressing to hot pasta; toss to coat
5. Cool, stirring occasionally
6. Add chopped fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, Parmesan and olives; toss
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
(Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
I would seal this up in a tub and store in the fridge for when you feel a bit peckish!