Right guys the nights are lasting longer, the sun is out so lets get this crumble started!
As a traditional dessert everyone loves a fruit crumble, however using summer fruits, such as rhubarb or strawberries, can make it even more summery!
So... to impress your guests, here’s what to do!
You will need:
100g Raspberries (optional)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 spoon butter
50g Chopped Nuts (optional)
1. In a saucepan reduce the fruit with a small amount of juice from your orange
2. Add a spoon full of sugar (optional but I prefer without)
3. Simmer for 5 minutes
4. Add in the vanilla or spice such as cinnamon or nutmeg
5. In a bowl mix the oats, flour and butter together with some chopped nuts to make it crunchier!
6. With your fingertips grind the crumble until boulder like pieces have formed
7. In a small ramekins or one big dish add the fruit mixture
8. Top this with the crumble (and sugar if desired)
9. Bake in the oven for around 15-20 minutes until golden brown and crunchy!
This really is a great summer dessert and not as heavy as summer fruit pudding or a soggy! Try it and let me know your thoughts!