Sunday, 8 June 2008
If you love pizza but hate the calories then great news I have found a solution! In reducing the quantity of bread and adding healthy toppings I have solved this problem!
I went to the local supermarket and bought some low fat mini nan breads. This is going to be the base for my pizza, by coating with some tomato puree, and a mixture of low fat mozzarella, roasted vegetables and tuna.
You will need…
1 packet mini nan bread (reduced fat)
1 jar tomato puree
1 packet of frozen Mediterranean vegetables
1 can tuna
1 low fat ball of Mozzarella
1. Heat the mini nan’s in the oven with a sprinkle of water to coat for 2-3 minutes until slightly risen
2. Add a small amount of tomato puree on each nan
3. Grate some low fat mozzarella over the top but east on the cheese as this is just a coating
4. Then in a pan cook some frozen Mediterranean vegetables (I used Tesco)
5. Once cooked add these as a topping along with some flaked tuna and season with pepper
6. Bake in the oven until tuna a browned and cheese melted
7. Then serve with a portion of salad and my Duckey sweet potato wedges
This made a really satisfying meal! It tasted just like Pizza but you knew it was the healthy alternative which made it even better!
These are great if you want a treat, are having your friends round or simple if you want to have a Pizza without the added guilt.
Try my Light Quickie Cheesecake to finish off the meal.