Friday, 13 June 2008
Another quick and easy healthy simple supper!
After the purchase of Ralphie our kitten we wanted to cook a meat dish so we could give him a special treat! The breeder told us he liked cooked mince, my recipe was therefore based around this but I wanted to make it an exciting treat for Rob and I also!
So I decided to go all out Mexican! Now I came across this Uncle Bens Sauce which usually I wouldn’t be keen on however, it is low in calories fat and made of natural ingredients! This is so simple:
RECIPE: Health Chile Con Carne fajitas and stuffed con carne lettuce leaves served with baby tomatoes.
You will need:
300g Lean Minced Beef
2 Fajita wraps
½ pack of mushrooms (optional)
Ice gem lettuce leaves
Uncle Bens Chile Con Carne (light)
1. In a wok cook the mince until browned (this takes around 10-15 minutes)
2. Take out a portion for your kitten or pet if you have one!
3. Stir in the mushrooms for 2 minutes
4. Add the Uncle Bens Sauce
5. Stir until heated
6. Mean while warm some Fajitas (I use tortilla wraps) under the grill
7. Add the mixture to the fajitas and role up, use a cocktail stick to secure
8. Stuff the remaining mixture into the lettuce leaves and serve with baby tomatoes!
Viva la Duckey Chile Con Carne special! Unfortunately Ralphie didn’t seem keen on his mince! However now we have realised he prefers chicken and cod just like his mum!
To view more tips on how to cook Fajitas view the video below...