Friday 25 July 2008

Beat PMT...Duckeys Get Fit Week...


Every now and then we all have a lapse with our food habits.

The last few weeks have presented me with some stressful situations... so naturally I have been comfort eating not to mention my pmt cravings! (sorry guys too much info?) But seriously this and your hormones all encourage the way we eat.

I am sick of having this pmt I never had it until I moved away and my life became more stressful!

Apparently coffee can heighten pmt levels there are four types of pmt...


PMT 1: anxiety, irritability and mood swings

PMT 2: weight gain, swelling of the extremities, breast tenderness and abdominal bloating. (I have this I feel like i've had a boob job and that my tummy is like a balloon!)

PMT 3: headache, craving for sweets, increased appetite, heart pounding, fatigue and dizziness or fainting. (I have this too, I want chocolate, I have headaches!)

PMT 4: depression, forgetfulness, crying, confusion and insomnia. (And yes this too I am emotional and forgetful at present)

I find these types come in stages! Stress also doesn't help PMT in women!

There are a few things you can do to help!

  • Reduce eating sugars, redmeat, salt and drinking alcohol
  • Eat more whole grains and legumes
  • Eat more fish and poultry
  • Reduce drinking coffee, tea, eating chocolate and cola-based drinks so basically caffine!
  • Increaseyour fibre by eating green, vegetables and fruits.
Along with my diet I have also found it hard to do my usual routine of gym sessions.

This week has simply been a bad week which included (from last Friday):

*Chocolate desserts, Thai food, Fish and chips (which is said to be the healthiest take away) a BBQ even though I substitued the meat for Salmon, a high in fat cheesecake, and a small bowl of ice cream* eek!

Now to you this may seem not that bad, but to me, my body is not used to it and really suffering because of it.

So I have set myself a goal target to show you how easy it is to set a goal and stick to it in hope that it might also improve my wicked pmt!

I am calling this next week get fit week, now I’m not saying I’m out of shape or unhealthy but I just want to feel good in my mind. So I will document what I am doing each day for a week and if it works it may be useful to you also.

Stay tuned for my daily progress!

No comments: