Friday, 4 July 2008
You may have seen these great novelty heart shaped frying pans before, you can find them in most home ware stores across the UK. Amazon sell a well priced heart shape frying pan, if you are cooking for someone you love or want to theme your cooking this would make a lasting impression.
For my birthday my fellow Froggers bought me a heart shaped frying pan for my birthday with a range of cooking goodies.
I wanted to test it out so I made the following:
RECIPE: Love heart oven fried eggs with sweet potatoes, served with a pasta and tomato salad with mini wholemeal pita breads.
You will need:
2 sweet potatoes
100g wholemeal pasta
10 baby tomatoes
1 bag of Leaf salad
A swirl of light salad dressing
4 Mini wholemeal pita breads
1. Cook the pasta in a sauce pan for 15 minutes and leave to cool
2. Add to the cooled pasta some ripe tomatoes, leaf salad and dressing (light)
3. Heat the sweet potatoes in the microwave for 7 minutes
4. Heat the love heart shaped frying pan over the hob with some 1 calorie spray, once warm, crack an egg into the pan
5. Bake in the oven until cooked on top
6. Arrange in a bowl the pasta salad followed by the sweet potato and the mini pita breads.
This was a really nice meal with a cute message of love! A great sunny supper!