If you want to spice up an ordinary dessert then these work a treat!
I love strawberries but eating them alone or with yogurt can become very repetitive! So why not try my meringues, they are made from egg whites and a tiny bit of sugar and at around 50 calories each thats nothing!
RECIPE: Little gemmed Mini Vanilla Meringues... served with fruit and low fat yogurt
You will need...
2 egg whites
100g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Pre-heat the oven to around 150 degrees
3. In a bowl beat the eggs whites until they form stiff peaks...
4. Add gradually the icing sugar and vanilla
5. Pipe small portions onto the baking tray and bake for 35 minutes (don't let them go brown)
You can serve with fruit I recommend fresh strawberries, fat free yogurt, low fat creme fresh, or Greek yogurt with honey or low fat fromage frais.
Pile up your favourite fruit and serve!
These add a little treat to a healthy dessert and they are only 50 calories, 0g fat, 8.4g carbs, 0g fibre... result!