When I cook I tend to use lots of the same ingredients... this is due to a few different factors:
1) I like the way they taste
2) I like the health benefits
3) The look of the food
So here they are in order of importance...
- Strawberries - Great to sweeten up a dessert they are healthy and look beautiful
- Wholegrain mustard - Great to add as a sauce to a dish, put in a sandwich and add flavour to any meal
- Wholemeal Pita bread - Can accompany a meal or be a meal, the health substitute to a sandwich or wrap
- Yogurt - Again can be used with stawberries to creat a dessert, or can be used in savory dishes to create a crust on meat or sauce in pasta dishes
- Chilli Flakes - Always a great ingredient to hand to spice up my dishes, you can sprinkle on main meals, add to soups and even mix with chocolate. Using spices is a healthy alternative to sauces.