Sunday, 24 August 2008
All of us can suffer from bloating, this is something that I have been experiencing lately with stress. There are few things we can do to help this, although every one of us is different some basic ideas are below:
* Some people suffer as they aren’t getting enough exercise and may suffer from constipation. This can also be affected by your amount of fiber intake. Exercise encourages food to move around our system and fiber keeps our inside working efficiently.
* Be careful when you introduce more fiber to your diet, do it gradually so your body can adapt, or this could end up bloating you more! I source fiber from use AllBran as a good source of fiber, or switch to wholemeal products and eat wholemeal toast.
* Dehydration can lead to constipation so drink lots of water at regular intervals.
* We often see now the introduction of pro-biotic yogurts they now have a “friendly bacteria” added to encourage things to keep moving.
* Salt can also cause the tummy to bloat; too much salt can lead to water retention.
I believe that to maintain a flat healthy stomach you simply need to maintain a healthy varied diet, but here are just a few tips to help you along the way.