Are you tired of tomato sauces being packed full of sugars and added rubbish! Well here’s a good solution try and make your own.
This goes great with pasta or as a topping on your favourite chicken or meat dish!
RECIPE: Duckeys hearty vegetable homemade bolognese sauce... and its healthy!
You will need:
- 1 Leek
- ½ Onion
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
- 1 garlic bulb sliced
- 1 beef tomato
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- ½ pack mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt, Pepper, Oregano
- Fresh Basil
- Chop up all of the vegetables and add to a sauce pan
- Add the chopped garlic
- One sautéed and soft add the chopped tomatoes and simmer
- Add the balsamic, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning to the sauce followed by some basil.
You can make this in advance and re-heat at anytime its also great as a simple pasta sauce.