Monday, 25 August 2008
Firstly I am sorry Rob, but I was determined to prove a point!
The dinner I made you last Thursday wasn’t meat it was Quorn, but you did say how great it was which proves that these vegetarian alternatives can in fact be just as good as the real thing.
I have heard that Quorn mince is so good that you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference and as last time Rob guest the Steak was corn I wanted to see if he would notice the difference once again! So until he reads this he is none the wiser!
Anyway I wanted to make a really super healthy version of Spaghetti Bolognese, so in order to do this I did the following:
• I substituted the meat for Quorn which is much lower in fat than meat
• I used wholegrain Spaghetti instead of white
• I made my own Duckeys Healthy Bolognese sauce from lots of healthy vegetables
So my friends if you wish to try this at home (or test it on someone you love) here is the recipe:
RECIPE: Healthy Spaghetti Bolognese made with Quorn mince simmered in a homemade vegetable sauce served with wholegrain Spaghetti
You will need:
Duckeys Healthy bolognese Sauce
1 pack Quorn Mince
1 Pack of Wholegrain Spaghetti
1. Heat the packet of Quorn Mince from frozen into the Duckeys Healthy bolognaise Sauce
2. Heat for about 15 minutes and the sauce is complete
3. Simmer some Wholegrain Spaghetti in a saucepan for about 15 – 20 minutes
This meal really is that simple.
Try it yourself and let me know how you get on with the test!