Sunday, 28 September 2008
This is the ultimate comfort food and it isn't even that bad for you... yes only 150 calories per slice or less the smaller you make the slice!
As last week my mum came to visit and she is a major chocoholic I wanted to make her a little treat to great her with once she had completed her long journey down.
So heres how to make my biscuit cake!
RECIPE: Chilled dark chocolate biscuit cake with cherries, sultanas and nuts.
You will need:
150g 70% dark chocolate
100g light digestive biscuits
1-2 teaspoons sherry
A few chopped cherries, sultanas and nuts
So simple... No cooking!
1. Grease a square baking tin
2. Line with baking parchment
3. Melt the butter and chocolate together
4. Add to another bowl some crushed biscuits mixed with cherries, nuts and sultanas
5. Add the sherry
6. Mix in the chocolate and butter
7. Pour into the tin
8. Let the cake set in the fridge for 1-2 hours
Yes it really is that simple and I can tell you these chocolatie little treats didnt last long at all!
Let me know how you get on with yours.