Sunday, 5 October 2008
I wanted a really low fat but healthy and tasty recipe which was easy to make and fun to eat.
So this is my perfect recipe thats suits all specs!
I love oriental food and nothing pleases me more than to eat my food with chop-sticks!
Even better I love food with a bit of a kick and the great thing is you can control the spice by the amount of Chili you add to this recipe.
RECIPE: Spicy noodle broth served with Asian vegetables flavoured with lemon grass, garlic and chili.
You will need:
1 chili (red)
1 stick of lemon grass
1 clove of garlic
2 tbsn soya sauce
1 pack Oyster Mushrooms
1 pack of Spinach
1 pack beansprouts
1 pack baby sweetcorn and green beans
400ml hot water
1. Boil a pan of water and add to this the noodles with some soya sauce, garlic, lemon grass and chili, boil for around 4-5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile in a wok stir fry the bean sprouts, sweetcorn, green beans, mushrooms and the Spinach.
3. Once cooked add the vegetables into a large soup bowl.
4. Spoon the cooked noodles on top.
5. Ladle the broth into the bowl.
It really is just that simple and takes around 15 minutes to cook. To spice up add more chili it is completely up to you how you serve this recipe and also your choice of how to eat it! Do you dare to get your chop sticks out???
I added some strips of seaweed to mine also just to add more of an oriental taste with some sesame seeds!