Sunday 1 May 2011

Royal Wedding Street Party



A few weeks ago I was asked to prepare some food to take along to our streets Royal Wedding Street Party.

I decided a good classic dish to make would be a Caprese Salad along with my Duckeys Carrot Cake to top it off.

The New Duckeys Carrot Cake recipe can be found here ... (I have made a few tweaks!)


The Caprese Salad was very easy to prepare:

You will need: 

3-4 Beef tomatoes
2-3 ball of Mozerella Chesse
1 pack of fresh basil
1tbsp Olive Oil
Black Pepper
 

To make: 

1. Cut up thin slices of the tomato and Mozzarella

2. Arrange alternatively on top of each other on a plat (the display is completely up to you some people layer in a circle some just straight but I prefer to display diagonally.)

3. Top salad with fresh basil and a drop of Olive Oil, finished with some black pepper.

There you go one quick and easy salad.

Our day was wonderful and the amount of great food from our street was fabulous. On an occasion that brought our country together it also took me back to the kitchen!


Sadly, my puppy Archie was not allowed to attend the Street Party, though he certainly attempted to get to the food!

No comments: