Sunday 29 May 2011

Cinnamon Swirls...


The other day I was a little bored and found a recipe to make some Cinnamon Swirls, whilst they looked ok and tasted ok - they did I have to admit turn out ok and not fantastic so this is something I will have to work on.

My oven at my home is now gas which creates a huge problem for me when baking. The heat does not seem to consistently cook my food. I am hoping it is the oven anyway! With a fan oven I am sure they would be great!

If you would like to give the recipe a try to see how you get on here it is:

You will need: 

280g self raising flour
1tbsp caster sugar
100g butter chilled and cubed
160ml milk
1egg
120g chopped walnuts
60g brown sugar
3tsp cinnamon

To make: 

1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees or gas mark 6

2. Mix together the milk and egg whilst whisking then set aside


3. Combine the flour and sugar then use your fingertips to rub in the butter


4. Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry until you have a sticky dough

5. Roll the dough out into a large rectangle (don't forget to sprinkle some flour on your surface before hand!)


6. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts, raisins, sugar and cinnamon with a few cubes of the remaining butter


7. Roll up in to a roulade type shape


8. Then cut into thin slices and place on a pre-greased baking tray


9. Put in the oven for around 20-25 minutes.

The recipe says that these are best served warm however they still tasted pretty good cold!


1 comment:

giselle said...

i love cinnamon and this is a good recipe to try on weekend..