Thursday 2 June 2011

Why exercise on holiday?


When it comes to my holidays I am rather back to front with the whole thing.

Personally on my "time out time" I prefer to actually act more healthy than I am at home. I see it as time to focus on getting my health back in check.

I wonder when people see me head to the gym on a sunny beach location, what they are thinking "is she mad to exercise in this heat?" "why isn't she sunbathing instead?" numerous questions!

In fact, on my last holiday the gym was horrendous and I still made the most of a bad situation. Here's a photo to prove it!


Generally my holiday routine is this: 

* wake up and have breakfast
* head back to the room to get changed
* visit the gym (20 minutes on the cross trainer, 10 minutes of arm weights, 10 minutes of Pilates and 10 minutes of sit ups.)
* dive into the pool for a few lengths
* sun bath until my heart is content with numerous dip ins to cool down and swim
* head up to the room to shower and change for dinner
* have a healthy dinner
* my only sin hit the bar!

I probably go to the gym more and exercise on holiday than I do at home!

Anyway whether I have an obsession or not, it is something that I enjoy, and also something that makes me feel happy, and isn't that what a holiday is all about! I wondered if I was the only one who liked to exercise on holiday? Do let me know your thoughts.

No comments: