Ok, so I am sure that you cannot make a completely healthy pie, but here is my recipe makeover to make the traditional pastry filler somewhat lighter.
You will need:
2 layers of puff pastry
For the filling:
1/2 onion (white)
1/2 pack mushrooms
2 sliced tomatoes
1. To start with get yourself some puff pastry, less pastry needed = less calories woo hoo! Fill a pie dish with one layer of the pastry.
2. Butter very lightly using some melted butter (microwave job will be sufficient here!)
3. In a pan fry gently with a dash of oil the onion and mushrooms. Once soft add to the base along with your sliced tomatoes.
4. Beat together the egg and milk mixture, add the broccoli and pour into the case.
5. Pop the other piece of puff pastry on top, butter as required and cook in the oven for around 20 minutes.
6. The result one delicious and almost guilt free pie.
In fact this tasty treat ended up being a quiche in a pie which was really yummy.