Sunday, 12 June 2011
Although they can come in unhealthy forms (depending where you get your pizzas from) I believe you can try and make a pizza a little more healthy so I decided to try it out.
The only part of my recipe that was a little bit on the naughty side would have been the pre-made base from Marks and Spencer.
You will need:
1 pizza base
For the tomato sauce:
1 can of tinned tomatoes
2 Garlic Cloves
Mushroom, Sweetcorn, Olives, Grated Cheese, Onion.
To make the sauce:
1. Fry the onion and garlic in a little bit of olive oil (2minutes)
2. Then add in the tinned tomatoes and simmer for around 10-15 minutes
3. Add in a generous amount of tomato puree
(The consistency should look like this below)
4. Finally blend the mixture and season with salt, pepper and herbs of your choice I used Oregano which is great on pizzas.
1. Put your pizza base on a plate
2. Coat it with a generous topping of the tomato sauce
3. Sprinkle on a cheese of your choice (I used reduced fat cheddar)
4. The add your toppings
5. Put in a pre-heated over for around 15 minutes.
It should come out a little something like this...
Not only did these pizzas taste fresh - I also go a satisfaction out of making them myself and felt reassured that I knew exactly what ingredients had got in.
Give it a go yourself.