Sunday 12 June 2011

Homemade Pizzas...


Although they can come in unhealthy forms (depending where you get your pizzas from) I believe you can try and make a pizza a little more healthy so I decided to try it out.

The only part of my recipe that was a little bit on the naughty side would have been the pre-made base from Marks and Spencer.

You will need: 
1 pizza base

For the tomato sauce: 

1 can of tinned tomatoes
Tomato puree
1/2 Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
Oregano

Toppings: 

Mushroom, Sweetcorn, Olives, Grated Cheese, Onion.

To make the sauce:

1. Fry the onion and garlic in a little bit of olive oil (2minutes)


2. Then add in the tinned tomatoes and simmer for around 10-15 minutes


3. Add in a generous amount of tomato puree


 (The consistency should look like this below)


4. Finally blend the mixture and season with salt, pepper and herbs of your choice I used Oregano which is great on pizzas.


To prepare: 

1. Put your pizza base on a plate


2. Coat it with a generous topping of the tomato sauce


3. Sprinkle on a cheese of your choice (I used reduced fat cheddar)


4. The add your toppings


5. Put in a pre-heated over for around 15 minutes.

It should come out a little something like this... 


Not only did these pizzas taste fresh - I also go a satisfaction out of making them myself and felt reassured that I knew exactly what ingredients had got in.

Give it a go yourself.

1 comment:

Mother Rimmy said...

I love to make my own pizza. I like controlling the ingredients. I have a bread machine that makes it so easy to make my own whole wheat pizza dough too! Lovely pizza!