Thursday, 29 May 2008
If you have some left over bread this will make the most delicious dessert and its even not as high on calories as you would think! This dish is rich, moist and very memorable.
RECIPE: Delciously moist and rich dark chocolte bread pudding laced with Cognac cherries.
You will need:
3 1/2 cups of 1/4-inch bread cubes
1/2 cup cherries
1/3 cup Cognac or spirit
8 ounces dark organic chocolate, chopped
1 egg and 2 egg whites, beaten
1 cup fat free milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Arrange bread cubes on cookie pan and allow to dry out overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In small bowl, combine cherries and cognac, allow to soften for 20 minutes.
4. Melt chocolate in top of double boiler with water in bottom pan. Cook and stir until smooth, remove from heat.
5. In large mixing bowl combine beaten eggs, crème fresh, skimmed milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon & ginger until smooth. Whisk in warm chocolate, then cherries. Let stand for 30 minutes.
6. Transfer equal portions to custard dishes. Place custard dishes in large pan, half filled with water and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from baking pan, allow to cool.
You will have a wonderful dessert fresh from the oven! You would never know its left over!
Based on individual serving.
Total Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Protein: 2 g