Friday, 2 May 2008
I find this dish so healthy yet enough to keep you feeling nicely full, this is a completely natural meal full of the best nutrients! Even better it is quick and easy to make! For another version click here to see another Duckey stir-fry chinese style!
RECIPE: A Seasonal vegetarian prawn stir-fry consisting of chopped mushroom, leeks, bean sprouts and peppers on a base of fluffy brown rice sprinkled with pine nuts with a dash of chilli.
You will need:
3 cups of brown rice
4 cups of equal water
Bag of bean sprouts
3 baby courgettes
1. In a sauce pan add your rice and boil in water then simmer for 20 – 25 minutes
2. In a wok add your chopped vegetables and stir until soft
3. Add some washed prawns and stir in
4. Then add some pine nuts and toast them slightly
5. Before serving the rice mix in a tiny amount of chilli powder
6. Add the rice to a bowl
7. The place on top the vegetable and prawn mixture
Hey presto you have a stir-fry!
This is a great evening meal when you are hungry but don’t fancy too much and feel like being healthy or a great lunch time meal to cook your friends!