Its my birthday in two days and as a work tradition it will be my day to bring in the cakes for my fellow Froggers! So I am going to produce a little biscuit assortment for them to snack on during the day and hopefully spice up their coffee breaks with some of these ginger yogurt biscuits!
RECIPE: Ginger yogurt biscuits backed with ginger chunks moulded together with yogurt.
(makes 14 biscuits)
You will need:
180g wholemeal flour
1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
60g unsalted butter, chilled
45g light brown sugar
6 tablespoon plain, nonfat yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. In a large bowl, add the flour, ginger, salt and baking powder
3. Cut the butter into chunks and mix into the dry ingredients and stir until it resembles coarse bread crumbs
4. Stir in the sugar
5. In a small bowl, whisk the egg and yogurt together then pour into the flour mixture
6. Mix until it forms a dough then knead by hand on a floured surface until smooth
7. Using a floured rolling pin, roll dough to a thickness of 3/4” thick
8. Use a 2-inch round cookie cutter to cut out biscuits or use a sharp knife to cut 2-inch square pieces. Roll out any additional dough to cut out more biscuits
9. Spray a baking sheet with nonfat cooking spray and transfer biscuits to baking sheet and place about 1-inch apart
10. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown then set aside on a wire rack to cool.
I hope they like them stay tuned for my post birthday biscuit post!...