Thursday, 8 May 2008
In the summer I love a glass of champagne but how about a champagne float which doubles as a drink and dessert! Wonderful for events of any kind!
RECIPE: A refreshing dessert made part Kir Royale, part peach parfait is a wonderful summer treat and fancy dessert for your friends
For a very cool treat, layer the fruit and ice cream in frosty collins or pilsner glasses straight from the freezer. Serve with iced-tea spoons.
Servings: Makes 6. You will need:
6 medium-size white peaches, halved, pitted, each half cut into 4 wedges
2 pints peach ice cream
3/4 cup crème de cassis (black-currant liqueur) plus additional for drizzling
2 cups chilled brut Champagne or sparkling wine
1. Place 3 peach wedges in bottom of each of 6 tall glasses
2. Add 1 scoop of low fat ice cream, (you could use fat free yogurt if you prefer, then another 3 peach wedges.
3. Add second scoop and top with 2 more peach wedges
4. Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons crème de cassis or if you are trying to be extra healthy some honey or fruit compote
5. Pour 1/3 cup Champagne into each glass
6. Top with 1 scoop ice cream, drizzle with additional crème de cassis, and serve.
What a scrumptious dessert which has a touch of class!