Monday, 9 June 2008
Now I hear you say "this is a health blog what’s she doing making Brownies!"
Well these have been healthed up and nutritionally are very good for you! Peanut butter isn’t the healthiest ingredient, however it is good due to it being a low GI food and will keep you feeling fuller for longer. I have also used wholemeal flour, halves some of the ingredients and cut back on the sugar!
These one’s have been made especially for my new friends the East Grinstead Crew… here’s how I made them…
You will need:
For the Brownies:
100g wholemeal flour
50g chocolate pieces
1 egg 1 egg white
25g white chocolate chips
2 teaspoons smooth peanut butter
50g icing sugar
Drop of water
To make the Brownies:
1. In a bowl melt the chocolate and butter together
2. In a separate bowl add the flour, sugar and egg mixture (whisking the eggs whites as separate)
3. Then add the chocolate and butter melted
4. Mix and sprinkle with white chocolate chips
5. Grease a tin with 1 calorie spray
6. Add the Brownie mixture
7. Cook for around 15 minutes at 180 degrees
8. Allow to cool
To make the Frosting:
1. In a bowl add the peanut butter and icing sugar and mix
2. To create more of a liquid add vanilla essence and a drop of water
3. Mix and top the brownies!
4. Add a walnut piece for decoration.
Now I tried one of these and the topping just gives it that something extra it’s a little naughty but with the tweaks and justifications acceptable in my eyes!