Sunday, 26 October 2008
For a quick and easy supper here is a perfect suggestion.
I really like quorn mince as a good substitute for beef, so I though well why not create some tasty pitas using this and making a Mexican like meal.
RECIPE: Quorn filled spicy pittas layered with fresh salad and natural yogurt in a mustard and tomato sauce.
You will need:
1/2 packet quorn mince
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard and dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
1. In a sauce pan add a little olive oil and fry the quorn mince
2. Add in the tomato sauce, garlic, seasoning, spring onions, spinach leaves and mustards
3. Stir and cook for ten minutes
4. Toast two pittas and cut in half
5. Add the mixture with fresh salad to the Pita slices with a dollop of natural yogurt and green Pesto to serve.
These make a really nice light sandwich alternative.