This was a really easy and simple cake to make which had immense banana flavour and a moist texture.
RECIPE: Moist fluffy banana cake perfect served cold from the fridge or warm with a cup of tea.
You will need:
75g softened butter
75g brown granulated sugar
1 large beaten egg
225g plain wholemeal flour
2 level tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon low fat natural yogurt
4 small ripe bananas or 2 big ones!
50g chopped walnuts / nuts
1. In a bowl add the butter, caster sugar and egg intoand whisk then add in the flour and baking powder.
2. In another bowl mash the banana and add some natural yogurt.
4. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
5. Line a loaf tine with some greeseproof paper and add the cake mixture into the tin. Add this into a pre-heated oven of 180 degrees.
6. This will take around 30-40 minutes to bake in the oven. Usually bread and loafs will take a bit longer due to their shape and size. You can test the cake with a cocktail stick if it comes out clean you know your cake is ready!
7. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool.
8. Once cool cut the cake into small slices and serve!
This cake is the perfect simple cake to serve and store and great for all those cheeky monkeys who love to eat cake!