Tuesday 25 November 2008

Duckeys Italian Antipasti!



I have to say that one of my favourite Italian dishes must be antipasti! One reason I love this tasty little treat is that its great finger food, you can really get stuck in and involved with it!

The flavours of a traditional antipasti combined are magnificent and completely complement each other with smokey, garlic tasting food.

I also love the assortment of colours as you can see by the photos this dish just comes alive.

I like to serve an antipasti in two occasions usually, the first would be if I had company and I wanted to serve some light nibbles and the second would be when I want to veg out in front of the TV with a good movie and bottle of pinot!

So here is how I assemble my antipasti and what ingredients I use!

You will need:

Vine tomatoes (it is actually the vine that creates the beautiful tomato fragrance!)
Stuffed vine leaves (from the Deli counter)
Fresh Mozzarella cheese (from the Deli counter)
1 bag of fresh salad for garnish
A handful of fresh parma ham (also obtained from the meat counter)
Rustic Italian bread (fresh toasted)
Sun dried tomatoes
Assortment of olives
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil
(this bit you can do yourself or buy pre-prepared) roasted courgette, red pepper and aubergine!
1 platter board (wooden)


To make:

OK guys how easy is this, once back from the supermarket, unpack all of your ingredients!

Get out your wooden platter board!

Neatly arrange the ingredients around the board.

Toast the bread roast the vegetables and serve the olive oil and balsamic!

How easy is that!




If you are serving this at a party be aware it might not last that long!




This is the roasted vegetables, I did mine on a George Foreman for about 5 minutes with some Rosemary and Oregano however you can also bake them in the oven for around 20 minutes.

So if you have guests or just want some easy food then veg out with my Italian Antipasti solution!

No comments: