Thursday 27 May 2010

Duckeys Light Key Lime Pie


We were invited to our friends BBQ at the weekend, and I was asked to make dessert (this is usually because I give my recipes a little make over so the girls feel less guilty about eating it!) Well I know I do anyway!


So I thought a hot summer day - pimms being poured - meat sizzling on the BBQ, how about a refreshing dessert? So I made Key Lie Pie.

It is a dessert I have never attempted before, however I believe if you follow your instructions you can't go wrong! Key Lime Pie is very similar to a cheesecake, and now due to the invention of low fat Philadelphia this is my secret ingredient!

RECIPE: A light and refreshingly tangy Key Lime Pie, perfect for summer occasions.

You will need:
  • 160g digestive biscuits
  • 40g butter (unsalted)
  • 250g Philadelphia (low fat) 
  • 125ml Lime juice
  • 397g condensed milk
  • The zest of 1 lime
For the base: 

1. Melt 40g of butter in the microwave

2. Put in a food bag 160g of digestive biscuits and beat with a rolling pin (this is the fun and stress releasing part) until they are in crumbs


3. Add the crumb mixture to the butter


4. Take a pie dish and place the mixture in the center and flatten to create a base


5. Leave this to cool for half and hour or so



For the filling: 

1. Whisk 250g of Philadelphia and 397g of condensed milk together in a large bowl


2. Stir in gradually the 125ml of Lime juice


3. Then add 1 lime zest


4. Place the topping over the base and allow to set for a few hours

5. You may wish to decorate the Pie with some Lime pieces.

The verdict - it was the perfect BBQ dessert, very refreshing after all that meat and very cool straight from the fridge, it tasted just like a cheesecake but much healthier.

I would really recommend this dessert so easy to put together and so delicious!

No comments: